Our Providence members are involved in a wide variety of community events and productions. If you are or know of a church member involved in the arts or other events around the community, please email the church office.
- Walt Bauer is a member of the Gold Standard Chorus Barbershop Harmony group. The group is about 30 guys, all ages and all voice parts. They rehearse every Monday night at 7:30 PM at Aldersgate and sing at gigs, but right now are preparing for the Spring contest at Winston Salem later in March. Men are welcome to visit any time. More info available at www.GoldStandardChorus.com.
- Ken Bryan plays acoustic guitar and sings as a solo artist around Charlotte. He has 2 CDs out, and is planning to start on another later this year. Ken plays in a recording band here in town called KGB . . .and also plays bass guitar with Alan Barrington . . . as a duo, trio, or quartet, depending on the gig in Charlotte, Rock Hill, and Greenville, SC mostly. When needed he sits in with the band Tarnished Rose out of Waynesville, NC , either on bass or keyboard.
- Judy Simpson Cook is an actor, director, producer and award-winning playwright whose work (including Retrieving the Lamb) has been produced by theatres across the country. She is a member of The Dramatists Guild. In 2003, she was named an NC Playwriting Fellow by the NC Arts Council. As an actor, she has appeared in numerous stage productions as well as television and films such as American Gothic and Brainstorm. Judy grew up in Waxhaw, spent many years in Charlotte, then, in 2005, returned with her husband, Ron, to the house where she grew up. She immediately founded The Storefront Theatre in Waxhaw, now in its seventh successful season.
- Tandy Graham sings with the Oratorio Singers of Charlotte. Tandy also solos with Strictly Dixie, an 8 piece Dixieland band that plays at retirement homes around Charlotte from Christmas through Mardi Gras season.
- Betsy Peace is a member of the Charlotte Woodcarvers Club which was founded in 1982. Its mission is:
- To promote the art of woodcarving
- To encourage workshops, seminars, classes and other activities that provide training in woodcarving
- To promote and to provide activities that allow display and exhibit woodcarvings and their creation to the general public for enjoyment and entertainment
- To share and exchange ideas about woodcarving
- To provide fellowship with woodcarvers and those interested in woodcarving
She has completed over 100 carvings. Click here to learn more about Charlotte Woodcarvers Club.
- Chris Peace plays regularly in Charlotte-area music venues with a band called the Barbed Wires. He also has hopes and prayers for recording an album of his own original gospel, historical ballads, and country songs with the help of musical friends sometime this year. Like the Barbed Wires on Facebook!
- Paulette Purgason sings in the Welcome, NC Pickin’& Grinnin’ music festival, the last Thursday of each month along with other vocalists, and blue-grass musicians. She also sings with Ron Nice and Smiley Tysinger at the Salisbury VA Hospital and for area nursing homes.